Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Car Organizers

Oh my gosh! Do you know how many car organizers there are? Thousands! There are organizers for the front seat, back seat, trunk, center console, tools, tissues, and much more. There are even seat covers that have netted organizers built-in (how I wish my new car would fit those)!

Ok, down to specifics. I have tried organizers that go over the front seats and hang in the back. However, I don't like them that much. The one that organizes everything won't stay tight against the seat back and flaps all over when I'm trying to reach in the back seat and forget someone riding back there. The garbage bag is alright. Both of these organizers look particularly bad with my new seat covers. The organizers scrunch the seat covers and the black straps look completely out of place.

So, I am on the hunt for new organizers for my new car. I don't have a handy place for my cell phone so I think I will get an "Automotive Catch-all" made by Case Logic. I thought Case Logic was my favorite brand of car organizers....until I found High Road at Target.com. I haven't actually seen these in-person so I can't tell if they are as good as the pictures show (like the aforementioned over-the-seat organizers).

I'll have to get a new, thin, glove box organizer. My old one was big but perfect - it had a small pad of paper and pencil for writing down information in case of an accident. It held a tire guage, registrations, and insurance cards. Unfortunately, it won't fit in the new glove box. Oooh...I just remembered the Get Buttoned Up (getbuttonedup.com) line has a great organizer. It is called the "Collision Kit." The kit includes a disposable camera, paper, pen, preformatted forms, and it is all "buttoned up" in a small compact case. It also includes envelopes for registration and insurance cards.....I hope it fits it my glove box. I'll find a spot for it somewhere....

I think I will use an old trick and get a medium size zipper pouch (like what you used in elementary school for pencils, pens, erasers etc) for the auto repair papers and get a registration card wallet. These will go in the passenger side door pocket.

My trunk is going to need some help as well. Right now I have an official large trunk organizer. It would be perfect but you are supposed to tie it on to something on either side. My trunk doesn't have anywhere to tie it to. I loaded it up with car cleaners and hope it will stay standing by itself. If not, I will be on the hunt for a new trunk organizer as well.

Case Logic also has a cute collapsible tote with a colored, vinyl interior and a sturdy exterior. This could go on the floor of my back seat to hold anything that I need to bring into the apartment. Right now I use a mesh folding cube which is very handy but very awkard to carry when full. I hope the tote will be easier to carry and encourage me to unload my car more often.

Have a safe (and organized!) road trip!

Jen