Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Shelving

I have a lot of shelving in my place.  Unfortunately, I rent an apartment so I can't mount anything to the walls or tear out a wall to insert more shelving.  So, I make the most of what I have.

Shelves are great for getting items out of boxes and off the floor.  Remember if you don't have a lot of floor space, you can use vertical space.  Most shelving you can find at Fred Meyer, Target or a similar store.

I have two (one big and one skinny) sets of standing DVD shelves. Movies are arranged in alphabetical order.

I have three book cases. One full books, one that is half full of books and half full of games and the other is partially filled with books and movies.  That last book case is in my bedroom with my portable DVD player so I can leave the DVDs that I watch in there while the rest are filed away in the proper spot.

I also have a "cube" shelf that contains 9 cubes.  Most of these types of shelves are stackable, I just have one.  The shelves contain, among other things:
-CDs
-Extra computer paper that doesn't fit in the drawer I use
-Wedding cards that fit neatly into a box.
-Small scrapbooks/photo albums

You can also get fabric totes that fit perfectly into the cubes to contain loose items neatly.

Jen